Communications and Digital Services Coordinator – Temporary Full Time
We are looking for someone to join Sault Area Hospital’s Communications Team, who is ready for an exciting challenge supporting our hospital’s digital communications evolution. We are looking for someone who loves to be creative, enjoys connecting with people, and is willing to learn and grow in the world of health care communications.
If you are passionate about using your expertise to enhance communication services at our hospital, this dynamic role may be for you!
Purpose of Position:
Working directly with the Manager, Communications and Media Services, the Coordinator, the Communications & Digital Services Coordinator responsible for contributing to the overall positive image of SAH by playing a key role in coordinating, developing, implementing and upgrading, assuring quality, maintaining and evaluating the digital communication strategy for Sault Area Hospital. The digital communications strategy will include SAH’s external and internal(intranet) websites, social media platforms, digital signage and other related initiatives.
The Coordinator main responsibilities include content management, analysis, user experience, enhancements, and creates and maintains a consistent digital communications architecture. The Coordinator will act as a Liaison between hospital departments, programs and community partners to support the development, implementation, and ongoing administration of SAH’s digital communications strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports SAH corporate communication initiatives and projects contributing to the overall positive image of SAH among stakeholders.
2. Provides expert advice to inform the development, implementation and evaluation of SAH’s Communications and Community Engagement Strategy.
3. Monitoring and analyzing any benchmarks or metrics regarding the brand’s reputation and being able to make recommendations for improvement.
4. Coordinate the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of SAH’s digital communications architecture (websites, intranet, and social media platforms).
5. Support and guide stakeholders to develop an engaging user experience and meaningful content.
6. Solicit feedback and new ideas from subject matter experts about what may not be working well.
7. Make adjustments to existing digital communications architecture and introduce new features or enhancements based on feedback.
8. Investigate and research new ways to develop, present and interact with content on websites and social media by creating plans for introducing enhancements.
9. Prepare designs and project plans for digital communications architecture development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content, based on organizational strategy and soliciting input from a broad range of stakeholders.
10. Develop, implement and maintain a governance model for the content in the SAH’s digital communications architecture.
11. Design and implement customized templates and workflows to ensure contributors provide their content in a consistent fashion, eliminating errors and re-work.
12. Implement best-practice guidelines for the administration of the SAH Policy Library as part of SAH’s Intranet
13. Create and implement standards to ensure a consistent look and feel across SAH’s digital communications architecture for people visiting the sites by promoting uniform branding, formatting, images, and design.
14. Enhance digital communications architecture with engaging, interactive content developed through creative media methods.
15. Support the day-to-day operations of SAH’s digital communications architecture.
16. Monitor and oversee our websites to ensure relevant Google results. Ensure that our websites are formatted in accordance with Google’s search engine algorithms.
17. Set, adhere to and enforce standards that ensure site accessibility for users with disabilities or impairments in accordance with legislated WCAG requirements.
18. Support the development of communications plans to create awareness about significant changes, enhancements and new features to staff – support them through the change process and adoption phase
Staffing and Licensing Requirements:
1. College diploma, and experience in digital media, communications, web development, or related field
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
2. Ability to plan, oversee and manage several activities simultaneously; project management knowledge an asset.
3. Website security best-practices. Understanding how complex attacks are carried out and what steps can be taken to mitigate associated risks while implementing counter-measures to eliminate opportunities.
4. Familiarity and comprehension of current web standards as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
5. Understanding of the provincially legislated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
6. Knowledge of web analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Google Webmaster Tools & Google Search Console to enhance SEO ranking.
7. Policies and procedures – must be knowledgeable in the organizational process to inform the configuration, permissions, and approval workflow within the Policies and Procedures section of the intranet.
8. Organizational structure: need to understand the organizational structure, reporting structure, departmental supports, etc. to be able to configure and organize sections of the intranet, website, and policies and procedures systems.
9. Departmental procedures: need to understand departmental procedures when designing websites or applications to ensure they meet their needs.
10. Need to keep up to date on departmental and organization-wide policies and processes, strategic and tactical plans to inform the work plan.
11. Monitor activity on SAH’s digital platforms and either take appropriate actions, direct requests or seek additional info from sources to liaise back with internal and external requestors.
12. Advanced knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, Adobe)
13. Ability to use good judgment and meet deadlines and budget targets; effectively prioritize work and deal with multiple simultaneous demands.
14. Creative, self-motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
15. Ability to work independently on projects with limited supervision as well as in a team setting
16. Knowledge of, and adherence to, SAH Standards of performance, administrative policies, and records management protocols
17. Understanding of, and commitment to, SAH’s vision, mission and ICCARE Values
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: December 9, 2021 at 16:00 hours to December 16, 2021 at 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.